What is CVFC?
The College Volunteers Facilitators Corps (CVFC) is comprised of college level student volunteers that work under the Michigan Student Leadership umbrella. They teach leadership skills to students across the state of Michigan by facilitating activities at leadership events. These events include:
- Leadership Training Institutes
- Regional CONNECT Conferences
- The Student Leadership State Conference
- Summer Leadership Camp
CVFC members also meet regularly to assist in program/curriculum development, MASC/MAHS Michigan Student Leadership promotion, scholarship fundraising, community service and work alongside the Director of Student Services for site visits and independent leadership training activities. CVFC members know what is takes to be a leader and contribute their time to ensure new generations of Michigan student leaders are molded.
CVFC Mission Statement
As the College Volunteer Facilitator Corps (CVFC), we foster leadership skills by serving students through facilitation, outreach, and community service. We cultivate a community of diverse thinkers committed to growth, equity, and accountability.
APPLY TO JOIN CVFC!
Applications to join CVFC will be accepted beginningMarch 1st. All applications are due by March 31st, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
The application process includes a written portion, a video submission, an adviser/mentor evaluation form, and a video chat interview.
The written portion consists of 4 prompts. In addition, there is a required submission for a video showcasing who the applicant is in one minute or less. Example videos can be found below, but applicants are encouraged to be creative.
The written portion of the application consists of 4 prompts that allow the application committee to get to know the applicant better.
Adviser/Mentor Evaluation Form
Applicants will be responsible for having an adviser or mentor fill out an evaluation form for them rather than submitting a letter of recommendation. These forms must be submitted by the adviser or mentor no later than 11:59pm EST on April 14th, two weeks after the application is due.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Applicants will upload a video as unlisted on YouTube that is one minute or less in length. While small edits are allowed, we ask that applicants refrain from any heavy video editing.
- Some possible things to talk about: Your passions, hobbies, involvements, fun facts, what makes you unique, why you are applying to be on CVFC, etc.
- This video does not need to be serious, and it can be silly if you choose to make it be. The purpose of this video is to give us a better sense of who you are, so be yourself!
All applicants will receive an email to sign up for an interview. Interviews will take place after the application process closes via Zoom.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance in the beginning of June.
Contact email@example.com for any questions or issues during the application process.